Kale is considered one of the world’s most powerful superfoods for very good reasons. It’s packed with antioxidants, which help neutralize free radicals in the body, which, in turn, helps to prevent many kinds of cancer. Just one cup provides more than 100 percent of the daily value of vitamins A, C, and K, and it’s low calorie, high in fiber, and fat free. Furthermore, kale is high in iron and has a good dose of omega-3 fatty acids, which work as an anti-inflammatory and help fight arthritis, asthma, and autoimmune disorders. And to top all that off, author Julia Mueller proves that it can be delicious. With seventy-five recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack time, and even dessert, your whole family will quickly fall in love with kale. Here’s a sampling of the recipes included:
- Blackened salmon with garlicky Cajun kale
- Butternut squash and kale chili
- Cauliflower and kale yellow curry
- Grilled kale, peach, and corn salad with basil honey balsamic vinaigrette
- Indian chickpea stew with kale
- And more!