Awareness leads to action, and action leads to change.
From the author of the New York Times bestselling book ME AND WHITE SUPREMACY comes the young readers edition that teaches readers how to explore and understand racism and white supremacy and how young readers can do their part to help change the world.
Me and White Supremacy has reached so many adults in their journeys to become better ancestors. This edition aims to make change with even younger members of our society. Covering topics such as white privilege, white fragility, tone policing, white silence and more, Layla Saad has developed a brilliant introduction and deep dive that is sure to become a standard in antiracist education.
Layla Saad meticulously updated the content for young readers to include:
- definitions and history of various topics covered
- "let's break it down" sections to help readers process complex topics
- questions at the end of each chapter to recap, reflect, and respond to the information covered
- this is no longer a 28-day challenge so educators can use this content for longer or shorter amounts of time
- content is approachable and applicable for those with and without white privilege
Me and White Supremacy teaches teens and pre-teens how to dismantle the privilege within themselves and others so that they can stop themselves (and others) from inflicting damage on people of color, and in turn, help other white people do better, too. Ages 10 to 16.